Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gen 2 Chapter 7: Beautiful Surprises!

The first few days of married life were pretty harmonious. Her parents were thrilled that we were official now, and surprising enough, Berjes, the man who doesn't care for children, was asking us about grandchildren! We told him for sure someday, just not right now.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Not too long after our wedding, I celebrated my birthday into adulthood. Although I usually celebrated with a party, I didn't feel like one was necessary this time around. I had a beautiful wife, a house full of supportive family, I really had no complaints.
Photobucket
My painting had been going well, I got good enough to start making portraits! Of course, my first subject was Jeanna!
Photobucket
Now that Berjes and Lakeisha were both retired, they were always around the house, but they pretty much kept to themselves to give us some space as newlyweds. We were trying to decide whether we wanted to move out on our own, or stay put.
Photobucket
Lakeisha told us they would love it if we'd stay here, and let them be a part of their future grandchildren's lives. In turn, they would give us the house, let us decorate it how we wanted, etc. It was a great spacious house, perfect for raising a family. After discussing it, Jeanna and I agreed it would probably be best to stay. After all her parents had done for me, I really wanted to take care of them in their old age like they took care of me!
Photobucket
We talked to Jacques about what he wanted to do after high school and told him he was welcome to stay with us as long as he liked. He said he'd consider it, but he really wanted to move out on his own after he graduated.
Photobucket
So for now, we were all here, one big happy family, all looking forward to the future. Shortly after our wedding, we got wind that Kerrie, Jeanna's older sister's birthday was coming up, and even though the Stout Family was not the partying type, Lakeisha decided she would really like to have a birthday party for Kerrie. I think she was really missing Kerrie since she moved out and never really comes around to visit.
Photobucket
So plans were made, and soon the day of the party was upon us! As we were preparing, I got an invitation for one of my friends having a swim party the same day. I didn't want to miss Kerrie's party, but I was really excited about being invited to this particular party, as it was being thrown by a pretty well-known friend of mine, and it would be Me and Jeanna's first 'party' together as a married couple. Jeanna talked to her mom about it, and she said it was fine with her if we left early from the party, so we accepted the invite!

Apparently, Lakeisha knows how to throw a party! She ordered  pizza, Berjes made a ton of drinks,
Photobucket
and of course there was birthday cake!
Photobucket
We made sure to stick around long enough to watch Kerrie blow out her candles, and age to adult!
Photobucket
Photobucket
I looked at the clock and realized that it was time to leave for the other party, so Jeanna and I headed on over to the pool.
Photobucket
The only problem was, there was noone there! I felt like a doofus, I left the invite at home, so I had no way to double check the location. I messed up, got the address wrong, something. "Man! Our first party invite, and I messed it up!" I exclaimed to Jeanna. "Sorry, looks like I ruined our night out."
"Aw, hon, don't feel bad. Just think, we have the whole pool to ourselves, we can just make this a date!"
Photobucket
So we made our way over to the fire pit, and sat roasting marshmallows together. It was really nice to be out alone like this. "So, my mom asked me again about grand kids this morning," Jeanna said.
"Oh, she did? What did you tell her?"
"Well,  I told her that you and I hadn't really talked about it yet."
Photobucket
"Oh. Yea. I guess we haven't. Well, should we? Talk about it, I mean?"
"Um. Sure. I suppose we could. How do you feel about us having a baby?"
"Well, I definitely want kids. And you and I are home a lot, as well as your parents. I suppose there really isn't any reason we couldn't start trying..."
Photobucket
"Really?! Wow! I actually was thinking the same thing. And I really want our kids to know their grandparents, and my parents are getting older."
"Yeah. You are right about that. I want our kids to have grandparents in their lives too. So.... we start trying?"
"Yep. We start trying!"
Photobucket
All of a sudden, Jeanna got a very mischievous look on her face, stood up and said "OOOOH, a hot tub! Wanna go for a dip?" She was already making her way over.
"Sure, why not! Let me just take care of the fire here.."
I heard a splash and a giggle behind me. What was she up to?
"Come on Mikie! Hurry up! I don't wanna hot tub alone..."
Photobucket
Well, let's just say, I figured out what she was up to....
Photobucket
2 piles of clothes, and a few floating hearts later, we realized how late it was and quickly got dressed to go home. OK, I am now a serious fan of hot tubs... we had to get one for the house!!!
Photobucket
We were starving when we got in, and luckily, someone had left the birthday cake out, so we both sat down and had a piece. I guess our previous activities really worked up an appetite, we both scarfed our pieces down!
Photobucket
"So, I'm pretty sure that was the best date ever! Now THAT'S the way to start trying for a baby!" I said.
"Mmm... I'd have to agree..." she replied with a sexy smile. And with that, we drug our exhausted selves to bed.
Photobucket

Jeanna has also woke up that morning feeling very nauseous. Could it be that we were successful at getting pregnant our first try? Or was it the massive amounts of junk food we had eaten the day before?
Photobucket
I suppose time would tell... I felt so sorry for her though.... I tried to help out, and keep the toilets cleaned up. Poor thing.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I was watching Jeanna like a hawk to see if there were any noticeable changes, but the rest of the day went by pretty normally... she worked out, ate some mac and cheese...worked on her painting, nothing happened.
Photobucket

Which reminds me, Jeanna's portrait was coming along quite nicely. I couldn't wait to hang the finished painting on our wall!
Photobucket
Not bad, if I do say so myself...
Photobucket
Jeanna asked me about getting our own hot tub, and since I had already been wishing for one, we bought an affordable model. Everyone in the family loved it!
That night, we decided to enjoy our new hot tub... and possibly break it in properly... hey, the rest of the fam was asleep.. they never have to know... *wink*
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Only problem was, right after, Jeanna started feeling sick again... she jumped out of the pool, put on her cover up, and ran inside to puke.
Photobucket
Although I felt for her, I was secretly cheering. Throwing up twice in one day? That could only mean one thing!
Photobucket
I guess Jeanna's mom heard her, and went in the bathroom to check on her...
"Darling, I could hear you all the way from the living room! Are you ok?"
Photobucket
"Yeah, I'm fine mom. Actually... I think I might be throwing up for a very good reason..."
"Oh! Jeanna! That's great! Oh, you are gonna be a mommy! I'm going to go tell your Dad right now!"
Photobucket
She took off her cover up, and rubbed her belly. Yep. She knew. We were going to have a baby!
Photobucket
She came and found me, and said. "Well, Mikie. Apparently we are pretty good at the baby-making thing..."
"Really?"
Photobucket
"Yep. I'm pregnant!"
'I knew it! Oh Jeanna, you are gonna make a great mom!"
"Thanks, Mikie.... I mean, Daddy."
Daddy. Now that was a name I could get used to.
Photobucket
Of course, all the family was thrilled, and soon came the talk of where the nursery was going to be. Truthfully, the room Jacques was in was going to make the best room. He agreed to switch and start sleeping up in my old room and let us renovate his old room for the baby. Jeanna and I both very much wanted to have a girl, so we went crazy in the baby's room with all things girly!
Photobucket
We even found a great deal on a cute girl's bed, so we went ahead and bought it too. The room was all ready! All we needed was baby.
Photobucket
Jeanna was pretty much the cutest pregnant lady ever. She carried on as usual, painting, drawing, reading, but now that she was carrying our baby, she looked even more adorable doing it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I tried my best to keep her comfortable, massaging her aching back when it got to be too much. She really got big fast. (Don't tell her I told you that...) And although I was loving it, she was worried it wasn't normal, and was very anxious to start working out again.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Jacques was a real stand-up guy, and would help out when I was at work, keeping everything running and fixing things in the house.
Photobucket
Photobucket
He was also approaching his Young Adult birthday, and had announced to us that he would be getting a job in the science field and moving out on his own. He figured with the baby coming, it would be good timing too.

Now, Lakeisha was very excited to have a grand baby, but also felt a little misty-eyed over the fact that her baby was going to be graduating and moving out on his own, so she wanted us to throw him a birthday party too. I'm guessing this family has officially changed it's policy on parties... it felt like every time we turned around we were having a party!

So, yet again, preparations were made, and it was party time! We had all the usual ingredients of a Stout party... pizza, drinks, music, friends!
Photobucket
Jacques didn't waste anytime, he got to his cake right away... Happy Birthday Jacques!
Photobucket
Photobucket
And, immediately after the sparkles.... Jeanna went into labor! She kept a calm face throughout... but everyone at the party was freaking out!
Photobucket
"Guys, I'm fine really.. I'm just... ooooo *contraction* eeeeee.... having a baby."
"Ok, let's get you to the hospital, now!"
Photobucket
We rushed out the door, but the whole time Jeanna was so calm, just had this crazy smile on her face, going on about how excited she was to meet our daughter... oh I hoped it was a girl!
Even at the hospital, people saw her coming in and being in labor, and they freaked out a little too... Jeanna just turned to them and said, "I'm fine ladies, really! I'll be a mommy soon, I can't wait!"
Photobucket
Photobucket
No one could have prepared me for what happened in there.....
1st... congratulations, it's a baby girl! What do you want to name her? Well, we had already been talking about names we liked, and since we both loved music and art, we decided on the name Harmony. We just knew she would be Athletic like her momma and a Genius too!

Then.... congratulations, it's a baby girl! What do you want to name her? WHAT! Twins! Oh wow! We had only talked about one other name, so we gave it to this little surprise blessing, Melody. Maybe this little one would be a real Virtuoso, having parents who played music, and Friendly like me!

And finally..... another congratulations! THREE! THREE GIRLS! TRIPLETS! Jeanna and I just looked at each other, with surprise, and a little bit of fear.. What would we name this little overwhelming surprise.... We already had a Harmony, and a Melody, we thought, what better name to go with them than Symphony. Our three little Song girls....how on earth were we going to do this?
Photobucket
I called Lakeisha to tell her the news, and she was just as shocked as we were, but she said not to worry, she'd get the nursery fixed up for us to come home. We moved the kid's bed into storage, and got 2 more cribs. With a little rearranging, we got everything to fit.
Photobucket
That night, Jacques moved out... unfortunately, we were all caught up in baby world to get to say a proper good-bye.
Photobucket
Jeanna put all the girls to bed, and headed to sleep herself... I can't believe how amazing she was through this whole thing. She went into labor with a smile on her face, and gave birth to 3 babies! She was officially my hero.
Photobucket
Photobucket
And I, was officially, a Daddy.
Photobucket
*buckey's notes*- I know this was a long chapter, longer than normal for me, thanks for making your way to the end of this chapter and not giving up. :) As you can see, this chapter was so long, I couldn't include toddler pics this time, they will be in next chapter, promise! Oh, and I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but Jeanna had always aged up right before Mikie, so I knew she was at least a couple of days older than him, but apparently, with the installation of Late Night, I got the bug back (it was fixed in my game previously) that resets their age bar when you take them to the dresser/mirror. Apparently Jeanna's got reset when I made her wedding dress, but I didn't realize it until after Mikie had celebrated his birthday, so right after she had the babies, I used the testingcheatsenabled true to age her up. Didn't want to ruin the order of things! And, to make up for it, I will age Jeanna up with Mikie when he turns elder, so it will be closer to normal. Ok, that's all for now. Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Awww three wonderful little girls! Love their names too, I have a Melody in my legacy :D Looking forward to seeing their toddler pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow triplets! There goes any worries about bring on the next generation! Now you just have to worry about which one will be heir!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know... there's one I'm already partial too, and shallow as I am, it's based on looks alone. :P You'll see what I mean next chapter... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I'm just catching up to this wishacy, I found your page through the Rules section on the Ramses Wishacy. I like this story so much! After posting this comment I'll go to the next chapter right away. Or start a wishacy myself, hmmm :-P Nah, I'll keep reading, too curious!

    O and yaaaay, triplets! Do I hear three heirs coming up? :-P

    By the way: Jacques is hot! Haha.

    ReplyDelete